2015年8月10日月曜日

A nice green tea for your hungover

I have a terrible headache now.
Maybe I drunk too much yesterday.

This pain reminds me of a legend at the Kamakura period.
According to the legend, the last regent of Kamakura shogunate, Hojo Takatoki was suffering for terrible headache which came from hungover.
One day, Eisai, the founder of Rinzai sect of Japanese Buddhism served a cup of green tea for Takatoki.
The tea eased the headache of Takatoki.
In addition, Eisai dedicated "Kissa yojo-ki"a book about green tea to Takatoki.

From this legend, we can learn that the green tea was drunk as also a medicine not only a refreshment at that times.
A custom of drinking tea seems to be introduced at the Nara period to Japan.
Only noblemen and monks had enjoyed the custom long time, but since the Edo period, even common people came to drink green tea.
Green tea works for both refreshment and easing headache in your hungover.

I want to drink a green tea now, but I can't find any of them around me.
I hope I have a nice monk like Eisai who serves a tasty drink tea every morning for me.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿