2015年6月7日日曜日

The special local food in Osaka city

Each areas of Japan have their local foods.
As former "tenka no daidokoro (the kitchen of the nation)", Osaka is famous for such local foods.
Maybe you have heard about takoyaki or okonomiyaki

In case you don't know them, takoyaki is dumpling that filled diced octopus, green onion and other ingredients.
We eat takoyaki with spreading a sauce and mayonnaise on it.
Okonomiyaki is a sort of pancake.
We use many ingredients for okonomiyaki, and various types of okonomiyaki exist.
Basically we use cabbages, eggs, green onions and some meat (pork is typical) for them. 
Sometime squids or other sea foods are used as ingredients.
We eat okonomiyaki with spreadeing a sauce and mayonnaise on it (again!).
Osaka people quite like sauces and mayonnaise.
You can easily find restaurants of both takoyaki and okonomiyaki in Osaka.

Let me introduce you one more special local food.
In some downtown of Osaka city, we can see the small restaurants serve "horumon udon (a udon noodles with organ meats from beef or pork)". 
The food is not so famous, but there are particular fans of them (including me).

In the first time I ate the food, I haven't been to used to that organs meats so I felt a bit anxiety.
But as soon as I tasted that horumon udon, I came to like it.
The meats were tender and juicy, and the soy sauce based soup was delicious.
In addition, the food was cheap, it only costed 300 yen!

If you don't like any type of organ meats, I won't recommend the food to you.
Maybe you can't enjoy that.
But if you have a interest to new local food, it is worth to try.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I love takoyaki and okonomiyaki! Especially when it's hot! <3
    I never heard of horumon udon before. Which internal organ they used in the udon? This should be in my list when I have the chance to go there!

    Thanks for sharing!
    L

    返信削除
  2. Sorry for my late response, ureshi.
    I hope someday you will come to Osaka and eat the horumon udon!
    Of course delicious takoyaki and okonomiyaki, too.

    返信削除