2015年6月22日月曜日

How can we read books more quickly?

There are many ways of reading books.
However, it seems many people want to know how to read books as quickly as they can.
In Japan, there is the word "sokudoku" for speed reading.
So, I tell you how I read books quickly when I need to read many books in a short time.

Usually my purpose on reading is to know an outline or to get ideas from a book.
Besides that, I want to read books as many as I can within a time limit.
So I try the way of reading called "skimming".
Please try to read a book once like how I write down here.

As reading, move your eyes as fast as you can through sentences.
Don't stop your eye movement even in a moment.
Don't focus on words but read a sentence or some sentences at one time.
Also you don't need to care what each sentences are saying.
Forget about understanding and keep reading until you will finish.
If you finish to read a book quickly, you will understand easily what mostly the author of the book have tried to tell you.

Surely that is just one of ways I am doing for myself.
You can read books with each ways on your purpose.
If you want to understand the contents of books in detail, you better read books slowly.
Skimming doesn't suit for understanding or knowing every facts or details in books.
The advantage of skimming is for quickness and understanding outline of a book in a short time.
In case you want to read a book quickly or read many books in a short time, try skimming.

I am glad if skimming will help you to improve your reading speed and make your reading life happier.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿