2015年6月30日火曜日

Some Japanese phrases for travel

When you travel to a foreign country, if you can speak local language the trip will be fantastic.
But can you wait until you will be fully fluent to the language?
I don't think so.
When you happen to want to travel is the best time to travel.
Don't wait for your language!

In case you have a plan to travel to Japan, I will tell you some useful and simple phrases.

At the shopping,
"Kore wo onegai shimasu (This, please)".
"Are wo onegai shimasu (That, please)".
"Kore wa oikura desu ka? (How much is it?)".
"Are wa oikura desu ka? (How much is that?)".
"Yasuku narimasen ka? (Can't I get discount?) ".
"Shishoku dekimasuka? (Can I try to taste it?)".
"Shichaku dekimasuka? (Can I try to wear it?)".
"Fukuro wo morae masu ka? (Can I get a bag?)"
"Ryougae deki masu ka? (Can I change my notes to coins?)".
"Housou onegai deki masu ka? (Can I get it wrapped?)".
"Kaigai hassou dekimasu ka? (Can I ship it overseas?)".

At asking destination,
"Tokyo tower ni ikitai desu (I want to go to the Tokyo tower)".
"Eigo wa wakarimasu ka? (Are you understand English?)".
"Chikaku no Kouban wa doko desu ka? (Where is the nearest police box?)".
"Basu tei wa doko desu ka ? (Where is the bus station?)".
"Soko made dou ikeba iidesu ka? (How can I go to there?)".
"Michi annai shite moraemasen ka? (Will you mind to take me there with you?)".
"Michi ni mayotte imasu (I am lost now)".
"Toile wa doko desu ka? (Where is toilet?)".

At the restaurant,
"Eigo no menyuu wa arimasu ka? (Is there menu in English?)".
"Koko de tabemasu (I would eat here)".
"Mochi kaeri shimasu (I would do takeout)".
"Okawari kudasai (A refill, please)".
"Fork to knife wo kudasai (A fork and knife, please)".
"Hashi wo kudasai (Chopsticks, please)".
"Satou wo kudasai (Sugar, please)".
"Koshou wo kudasai (Pepper, please)".
"Shashin wo tottemo iidesu ka? (Can I take photos?)"
"Okanjo wo onegaishimasu (Check, please)".
"Gochisou sama deshita (The meal was good, thanks)".

At the asking for help,
"Onaka ga itai desu (I have a stomach pain)".
"Kibun ga yokunai desu (I am feeling bad)".
"Memai ga shimasu (I feel dizzy)".
"Me ga okashii desu (I got a problem with my eyes)".
"Mimi ga okashii desu (I got a problem with my ears)".
"Kyuukyuusya wo yonde kudasai (Please call the ambulance)".
"Camera wo torare mashita (I had my camera stolen)".
"Saifu wo torare mashita (I had my wallet stolen)".
"Keisatsu wo yonde kudasai (Please call the police)".
"Tsuuyaku wo yonde kudasai (Please call a interpreter)"

At the train station,
"Tokyo eki ni ikitai desu (I want to go to the Tokyo station)".
"Tokyo eki made no unchin wo oshiete kudasai (Please tell me the fare to Tokyo station)".
"Doko de norikaetara iidesu ka? (Where should I transfer to train?)".
"Tokyo eki ni iku niwa dochira no home desu ka? (Which platform should I take to Tokyo station?)".
"Chikan ni aimashita (I was sexually harassed by a pervert)".
"Boukou sare mashita (I was attacked violently)".
"Ekiin san wo yonde kudasai (Please call station worker)".
"Kono hito desu (This person)".
"Ano hito desu (That person)".

I guess it is enough now.
Maybe I will add another articles for more phrases.
I introduced you the phrases but remember, the body language is basic skill for communication.
Besides, if you speak English very (or extremely) slowly, most of Japanese people can understand you (except very old people).
Body language and speaking very slow English will help.
Please keep that in your mind.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿