2015年7月21日火曜日

A travel to Kagoshima: day 1, the night on the ferry boat

I began a travel to Kagoshima prefecture.
I have been there in my childhood, but I can't remember how there was like.
Kagoshima has the beautiful view of Mt. Sakurajima.
I have wanted to go there again for a long time.

In the early evening of the day, I got on a ferry boat named "Sunflower" at the Nanko port, Osaka.
I have got the ferry boat once before.
When I was a little kid, me and my family traveled to Kagoshima with this same ferry boat.
So I was a bit excited to get on the boat in my memory of good childhood days.

The inside of the ferry boat was not so special, but clean and comfortable.
I went on deck, sat on a bench there and enjoyed the view of sea and the port in an evening.
The boat started to leave the port to Kagoshima.

After the departure, I went to the restaurant.
They served a buffet style dinner there.
It costed 1540 yen and it was not cheap for me, but I wanted to try it.
I tried and enjoyed it.
They had various nice foods I could enjoy.
I ate too much foods and felt stuffed.

I went back to my room, took a rest.
The ferry boat had various rooms of various grades, and I had reserved a kind of steerage room.
The passage fare for the room was about 7000 yen and it was suitable for me.
It was a big room with large floor.
You take off your shoes at the entrance of the room and step on the floor that covered by carpet.
There were pillow and other bedding for each passenger.
The ferry boat had a storage for variables so we can keep them safe, but you have to take large baggage with you.
The steerage room didn't have enough space for large baggage, so I put my backpack on my pillow side.

There were other passengers.
They were truck drivers, young parents with little children, elder couples and solo travelers like me.
Me and they spent the night in the same floor.
It was an unusual experience to slept with stranger in same space.
The room was not so crowded, therefore the bedtime there was almost comfortable.
One thing I hated was, tut-tutting sounds from some middle aged guys.
There were little children as I mentioned.
Sometimes they giggled with little voice for fun to spent a night in the unusual atmosphere.
I thought they were lovely, but it seemed the guys didn't like them.
Each time kids giggled, some of the guys did tut-tutting back.
I was rather irritated with the rude sounds the guys made.
In addition, one guy who made many tut-tutting sounds started snore as soon as he went asleep.
Another tut-tutting guy was talking loudly with a cellular phone in the room.
How could they blame the tiny giggling of little children?
I hoped the children and their young parents didn't care much about the rude guys.

Anyways I could sleep well at the floor with strangers, until the boat started shaking at the next morning.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿